Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Highlight of the Day



So, I registered the twins for Preschool today.  It was iffy for a long time whether they'd be able to go to school, so it was a big day for me.  Mostly I'm excited that they'll have the opportunity to go to preschool.  With the problems that Blue Eyes has had with school, anything that helps the twins get a leg up is fabulous.  But also...the idea of having all three kids in school twice a week (even for just a few hours) makes me want to do a happy dance!!!!





Frankly, I'm surprised they let us enroll without suddenly remembering that they were full after all.  I had all three kids with me, and the twins were strapped into the double stroller.  The entire time I was talking to the director Guns was throwing an angry screaming fit.  He was  furious with the world.  He had woken up in the morning on the wrong side of the bed and was punishing everyone in earshot for it.  After quite awhile of getting no response from me as I desperately tried to have a semi-normal conversation with the director, the little fart did the one thing he knew would get my attention.  He grabbed Lil' Bit's arm and bit the crap out of it.  So hard that it left a bit mark where you could count his teeth.  Right in front of the preschool director. And now I had two hysterical children with me.


I'm pretty sure she was mentally penciling in our first meeting to discuss Guns' "aggressive behavior".  The follow up will cover how he told his teacher that he would "DESTROY HER!", I'm sure.


After 15 more minutes of both the twins screaming at the top of their lungs I had hurried through the paperwork and escaped.  We finally get home and about two minutes after I finally got them settled down and in bed for a nap, realized I had left my stroller in the preschool parking lot.


Of course.


Macho Man's comment:  "Well, at least there wasn't a child in it."


This time...

2 comments:

  1. He-he. Good stuff!! I can't believe that yours are old enough for preschool. Brody is starting real preschool this fall, and I am SO excited to have two free mornings a week! Of course, I'll be teaching other preschoolers one of those mornings, but hey: I won't have my little terror there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I know, I can hardly believe that they'll be 3 soon. Enjoy teaching preschool- you'll be good at that.

    ReplyDelete